Your car is made up of thousands of parts from the exterior to the interior and under the hood. It takes the right combination and size of parts to allow the mechanisms to function efficiently together. It goes without saying that all the parts on a car are important but there are certain parts that are essential to the proper functioning of the vehicle.
Here are some of the most important parts on a vehicle.
- Battery. The battery is necessary to allow the car to run. Without the battery you would not be able to start the car or use any of the electronics on board.
- Wheels and Axles. What is a car without its wheels? How can the wheels rotate without the axle? These are important to the main purpose of the car which is to move from point A to point B. You cannot go anywhere without wheels.
- Clutch. You need the clutch to change gears. It gives you the ability to transition smoothly from one gear to the next.
- Radiator. The radiator prevents the car from overheating. The engine works very hard during driving so it’s not surprising that will all that combustion going on it gets hot. The radiator cools it down.
- Transmission. The transmission turns the power initiated into movement. The energy is transmitted to the wheels which generate the forward or backward movement required.
- Brakes. What would happen if you couldn’t stop the car? That’s why the brakes are so important. That would include the brake discs and brake pads. They bring your car to a stop when you apply pressure to the brakes. If anything is faulty with the brakes it is quite necessary to repair it.
- Alternator. The alternator is more important than you think. It is the part that recharges the battery while you are driving. It is what gives the battery a long lifespan. It also explains why the battery dies when you leave the radio on for too long while the car is off.
There are a number of other parts that are important to the proper functioning of the car. For this reason it is very important that you don’t ignore any warning signs and take your car for regular check ups.